The Shenandoah Travel Group, Inc. (hereafter, STG, Inc.), and any or all of its three internal subsidiaries (Departure Point, Design Point, Meeting Point) respects your right to privacy. We are providing this notice to help you understand our privacy practices and your rights. In this notice, when we use the terms “STG Inc.”, “we”, “us”, or “our”, we are referring to the Shenandoah Travel Group, Inc. and its subsidiary divisions.
When you register with STG Inc. for a program, the personally identifiable information we collect includes your name, address, telephone number(s), and all other information that you provide to us on our online registration or application form.
If you register for a STG Inc. program on behalf of another person, you must make sure that you have the right to do so. In such cases, you represent that you have all necessary authority and/or have obtained all necessary consents from such person to enable us to collect, use and disclose his or her personal information as set forth in this policy.
Our Use of Personally Identifiable Information
STG, Inc., uses personally identifiable information in order to provide the highest quality programs and services to our program registrants. This means maintaining good business records, including, but not limited to, records needed:
- To record your preferences, to make reservations on your behalf, or to communicate with you about programs for which you have registered and new programs that may be of interest to you.
- To ensure that program registrants are receiving their services; to allow us and our affiliates, vendors and agents to properly maintain those services and to make improvements or upgrades when necessary; to those service providers with which we make arrangements on your behalf, such as but not necessarily limited to airlines, hotels, ground transportation, tours, and restaurants.
- To process and track your transactions
- To confirm that program registrants are being properly billed
- To manage our site, diagnose technical problems, improve content, and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with our site is as efficient as possible
- To collect, in certain circumstances, session data, through cookies and pixel tags, to better understand how our site is navigated, how many visitors arrive at specific pages, the length and frequency of stays at our site, the variety of searches of our site’s program offerings, the types of browsers and computer operating systems used by our visitors, and the Internet Protocol addresses from which visitors connect to our site; we also use this information to improve our site’s content and ease of use, and to personalize and improve your individual viewing experiences; and
- To retain information required or advisable in case of an audit by such entities as the International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATAN), the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA), the International the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the American Institute of Architects (AIA), or other professional associations, or any governmental licensing body.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
STG, Inc., considers the personally identifiable information contained in our business records to be confidential. Our disclosure of personally identifiable information to other parties (such as our affiliates, vendors, and agents) will depend on whether it is necessary to conduct a legitimate business activity on your behalf and which is related to our programs provided to registrants. We may also disclose personally identifiable information about our program registrants to outside auditors and to regulators as permitted or required by law. If we enter into a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, program registrants’ personally identifiable information will, in most instances, be transferred as part of the transaction.
We make every reasonable effort to protect our program registrants’ privacy as described in this notice; however, we may be required by law to disclose personally identifiable information about a program registrant without his or her consent and without notice in order to comply with a valid legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant.
Additionally, we may also use or disclose personally identifiable information about our program registrants without their consent to protect our other registrants; our employees, contractors, or service providers; or our property; in emergency situations; and to enforce our Terms and Conditions, in court or elsewhere.
It is the STG, Inc., policy not to disclose any personally identifiable information about our program registrants to others outside of our subsidiaries and their affiliates, vendors and business partners unless our program registrants provide prior consent or we are required to do so by law. STG, Inc., respects the relationship we have with our program registrants and we do not offer, sell or rent any information provided to us via our Internet site.
Unauthorized Access to Personally Identifiable Information
STG, Inc., follows industry-standard practices to prevent unauthorized access to personally identifiable information by a person other than the subscriber or us. Your credit card and personal information are available to our payment processing service, PayPal, which employs industry-standard methods for keeping your payment and other personal information secure. Because no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, we cannot guarantee that our practices or those of our payment processing service will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose personally identifiable information.
Spam or Phishing
Other companies or individuals may send unauthorized emails that purport to be on behalf of STG, Inc., without our knowledge or approval. Please help us stop these spam or phishing activities by forwarding a copy of suspected or suspicious emails to us.
Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
STG, Inc., may maintain personally identifiable information about our program participants as long as in our judgment it is necessary or appropriate for business, legal, or tax purposes.
Addressing Any Concerns
STG, Inc., takes your privacy rights very seriously. If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, please contact us in writing immediately. We will take appropriate, commercially reasonable steps to address your concerns.
Right to Modify Our Policy
We may modify our policy at any time, with or without notice of any changes or supplements. Upon receipt of a written request from you, we will provide you with our current policy within thirty (30) days.